The Doctor wasn't really very happy with her weight when I took her in for her 9 month check up. At 6 months old she weighed 14 pounds 1 ounce and when I took her in the other day she weighed 14 pounds 12 ounces, so she has only gained 11 ounces in 3 months. The doctor says she needs to be drinking at least 30 ounces of milk a day, so now I have to mix her formula with less waters so that she will get more calories. Does she really look like she is starving to death? He says that babies at this age would rather eat food than have milk, but milk is more important than the solid foods. I haven't taken the food away because why should we all be able to eat and not let her? I have been mixing her formula the way he wants me to even though I don't think she needs the extra calories, and I can't make her drink more than she wants too! He is still really impressed with her other developments, he says that she is doing things that most babies do at a year old.
We had to buy a gate for our stairs because she thinks it is fun to climb the stairs, I wouldn't worry too much except that we have tile at the bottom of the stairs and I would hate for her to fall down and crack her head open! (The other two sets of stairs have doors) The other day I was sitting in the family room and she was crawling over by the computer trying to get to her brothers when all of a sudden she started crying. I kept telling the boys to get her, but no one was listening to me. I got up and found that the boys had gone upstairs and the reason she was crying was because she had followed them up the stairs and couldn't figure out how to open the door to get to them or she didn't know how to get back down the stairs.
She walks around the furniture, and the other day she stood in the middle of the room for about 10 seconds before she realized that she wasn't holding on to anything and then she sat down.
I must say we never have a dull moment at this house with her around! We have to keep an eye on her constantly, but we love her to death and wouldn't change her!
No comments:
Post a Comment